Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Globe trotter and all

I haven't been exactly trotting the globe. But I had been trotting around two of my must-see destinations - Switzerland and Paris. Yaay!

I saw plenty of beautiful sights and heard plenty of French sounds. However, the first time I thought "I really ought to blog about this" was when I saw the following souvenir at a gift-shop in Lucerne.



Yup, not making this up at all. In case you are wondering, the tin was *empty*. I even shook it to make sure. I laughed for about five minutes and then clicked the picture just so that I could spread the joy further :-D. I only hope the tin was not manufactured in China - heh.

Watch this space for more stories and photographs. Right now I am recovering from the effects of an unwanted souvenir I brought back - a raging cold with cough and fever. Achhooooooooo!

4 comments:

SK said...

Wow!! Yaay!!
Hope you recover soon.
And pretty please entertain us with you famous travelogues I miss it so!
And... do keep the box closed lest you lose your souvenir! :--D

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

Ha ha ha ! Thats an interesting souvenir that I've seen so far. Cheer up soon and keep the posts coming along.

Archana said...

SK - adi paavi, yaarachum kaadu kudutha adha vaanguvangala! I can send you Chennai air if you want though ;-)!

Ashwini - :-)

Marshall said...

Love your blog! And I wanted to personally invite you to be one of the top Shopping Advisors on ShopSquad, a free shopping advice website where shoppers and your readers can ask Advisors (i.e. you!) for advice.

If you recommend something that is purchased, from electronics to computers to appliances, you get a percentage of the sale. You're already sharing your expertise through your blog, so why not earn more money for it? You can also earn $5 for each of your readers who signs up.

Read our great press coverage (http://www.shopsquad.com/about?vsrc=shop1013) or learn how ShopSquad works (http://www.shopsquad.com/howitworks?vsrc=shop1013). When you're ready, sign up free at www.shopsquad.com.

Feel free to ask me any questions: marshall@shopsquad.com. Thanks!