(in no particular order)
- Deciding what fireworks to order.
- Planning for the arrival of guests.
- Happily braving the crowds to get new clothes shopping done.
- Visiting sweet shops buzzing with activity, busy handling advance orders.
- Seeing offers on sugar, ghee and other such groceries so that the ladies of the house can get a head-start on the sweets and snacks prepartion.
- Reading newspapers filled with pages and pages of special offers.
- Navigating through temporary platform shops selling mud lamps.
- Watching TV inundated with ads hawking everything from sarees and veshtis to discounts for refrigerators and TVs.
- Feeling the festive spirit all around, Indian style!
Yes, it feels great to be home for Deepavali!