Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sickie

So this sore throat started off on Friday night. Immediately all warning bells went off. My cubicle neighbor had been sniffling and coughing all of Thursday and Friday. The last thing I wanted to get was a cold - being sick when there is no one around to pamper is not a very nice thing! So as soon as I felt my throat hurting a little, I immediately started all the precautionary measures - drank lots of hot water, hot soup, hot tea, hot turmeric milk - in short, the works. All of it seemed to have some effect - though my throat continued to burn mildly, it at least wasn't turning into anything full-fledged. Yipppeee.

Too early celebrations I guess. Sunday night a non-stop bout of coughing kept me awake for a couple of hours. Monday morning I went to work, quite sure of the sympathy of people around me when they saw my coughing self. Yeah right. As soon as I settled in my cubicle I heard at least five different people coughing. And then learnt that four other of my colleagues had taken the day off due to being sick with the flu. Hmph. There flew out of the window, all my plans of getting sympathy. On second thoughts, I was at least feeling a little less miserable - with so many people sick with the "bug", it was just a matter of time before I caught it too.

Anyways today, the cough has gone away a bit but new symptoms have appeared - runny nose, heavy head and general wooziness. And I am supposed to be at work. Sigh :-(!

I hate the flu-season!

p.s. Sorry to crib, crib, crib. Am just passing my general mood around ;-)!

10 comments:

Shilpa said...

Cheer up !

Its the flu season...

BZ said...

Hey Arch,
Hope you feel better soon!
Darn this season.

I have been having cold for..ever. Allergy due to my plants.

Archana Bahuguna said...

Take care ... hope your flu flies off soon!

Archana said...

Thanks for all the sympathy people :-). Only a couple of more hours to go home ...

I am currently smelling like a eucalyptus tree, thanks to the herbal decongestant on my tissue. Oh well, I guess my other sick colleagues can also use the "therapeutic" smell - heeheheh!

Anonymous said...

see the social sympathies. wish you better times soon!

Archana said...

Spark - social sympathy feels goooood 0:-)! Thank you - me wishes for that too :-)!

Rahul - a-ha, this sounds like a quick-fire solution :-D... hmm, now who has the vodka?

Madsies - thank you for the sympathies :-). Mez totally into desi herbal medicines now - some of them seem to be working :-D. For flu, have you tried theraflu? It was the *only* OTC-thing which worked when I had got the flu.

Thanu said...

Hope u feel better today. Cold and flu starts with s sore throat for me too. Drink loads and loads of fluids (OJ, Water - not coffee or alcohol)

Archana said...

Thanu, yes, I feel better today, thank you :-). Looks like all my cold-fighting measures are working. No caffiene? :-( - I love tea. Using my cold as a pretext, I have been drinking lots of lemon tea, ginger tea etc., etc. :-D!

Floridora said...

Now I remember why being really old isn't all bad. a)We are practically forced to get flu shots. b) We don't have to go anywhere if we do catch the flu. Just stay home and watch TV.
Get better soon!

Archana said...

Floridora, that's interesting :-)! Good to have flu worries off your head!!

Wow, so many "get well soon" wishes - many of them from folks I have never even met. I am touched :-). Thank you so much people! I am feeling a whole lot better today.