Monday, October 22, 2007

Zzzzzz, yawn and such

To the four or so people (did I tell you, you ROCK :-)?) who still check my blog for updates: apologies for the even more infrequent posting of late. Believe it or not, I am currently on the infrequent-posting mode because I am sorely lacking on sleep :-(!

It all started off with my preparation to go to Boston about two weeks ago. I wound up with five and a half hours of sleep on the night before I left - what with the packing, prepping and everything. Turned out that would be the most amount of sleep I would get on any one night for the next five days. But the Boston trip was PLENTY of fun :-D! Which made it all the more awful when I returned to the bay on Sunday night and realized I would have to go back to work on Monday.

I tell you, last week was the longest of my entire life. I swear time halted for a few hours everyday. By Tuesday evening I already felt like I had been in the same week for more than 2 years. I desperately longed for the weekend so I could catch up on some much needed shut eye. On the brighter side, every night last week, I fell faaaaast asleep about 5 seconds after my head hit the pillow :-). When Friday evening finally came I was giddy with excitement, disbelief and relief. Yaay, the whole weekend to sleep!

Well - man proposes and God laughs. While Saturday went by with a mega overdose of lounging around, Sunday again turned out to be one of those fun but hectic days. Net result, I had to threaten myself (all over again :-() to get out of bed this morning even as my eyes stubbornly stayed shut.

I need another weekend stat. Any help, anyone?

Ya, I am done with the cribbing now. Ya, maybe not posting anything would have been a better idea probably :-).

5 comments:

Vishesh said...

hi..
sorry was too busy...well truthfully i forgot all the old blogs i used to read...*sigh* will follow for sure...the pics in the last post were amazing...lol are you awake now??

Anonymous said...

okk :)

Archana said...

Vishesh - ah, so sweet of you to be so nice about my cribbing :-)! Yup, yup am awake now :-D!

Spark - enna okk?

nourish-n-cherish said...

You write really well, and I guess I can TOTALLY understand how you feel. By the time Wednesday winds around, I am waiting for the week-end fr some sleep. Every Fri night, I announce to all who care to hear that I am going to get up only by noon the next day.

That never happens, but just the thought that I could do that is sweet enough for me..only 2 more mornings left for the week-end!

Archana said...

Saumya - Thank you :-D! Heheheh - I so hear you! YES!!! Weekend is almost here :-D!