Thursday, August 21, 2008

A post

The weekend is almost here. Time to chill and fudge way out of writing a proper post.

This evening, my mom found a funny "poem" on an aged newspaper clipping tucked inside one of the books mom and dad bought at the library book sale last month. We had a good laugh reading it. I searched for it online and of course, the Great Google located a soft copy for me. Here it is, for your reading pleasure. And oh, this "poem" is specially dedicated to cheer Rads up :-).

When God passed out brains,
I thought he said trains,
And I missed mine.

When God passed out looks,
I thought he said books
And didn't want any.

When God passed out ears,
I thought he said beers
And asked for two long ones.

When God passed out legs,
I thought he said kegs
And asked for two fat ones.

When God passed out noses,
I thought he said roses
And asked for a big red one.

When God passed out heads,
I thought He said beds
And asked for a big soft one.

When God passed out hips,
I thought he said lips
And asked for two large round ones.

God am I a mess.
***

TGIAF* folks!

* Thank God its almost Friday.

p.s. couldn't find the name of the original author of poem.

9 comments:

The Kid said...

got me the giggles :)

DivSu said...

What a poem indeed!!

Vishesh said...

too good :P

Jaya said...

hilarious! fantastic poem!!

nourish-n-cherish said...

That was soooo spot on :) It has me laughing out loud!

Anonymous said...

haha, the hips part is right on. :)

Thanks dear. Don't know what I'd do without folks like you around. :)

Sayesha said...

:D :D :D

ACE !! said...

:D

Archana said...

So happy to have brought cheer to so many folks :-D!