Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween

My company is organizing a Halloween pumpkin-carving contest today. I am putting in an entry. This my very first attempt at pumpkin-carving :-). Can you figure out what it is?





I did the carving late on Saturday night after some eight back-breaking hours of packing, cleaning and moving. If not anything, I think I should be given some award for the most enthusiasm :-). Hehe, not really! I had already bought the pumpkin on Friday evening (when I was still in good shape) and did not feel like throwing it away. So I was forced to carve it. But once I started, I found it very good fun!

Update
I won the second prize for my pumpkin and got a Target gift card :-)!

6 comments:

Shilpa said...

hey Archu,
Thats not a bad looking pumpkin for a first attempt ! I m sure that I would have done worse :-)
Also, I really should commend you on ur enthu for carving it inspite of having a tiring weekend :-)

Good Job !

Archana Bahuguna said...

It definitely looks like a cat and you've done really well if that's what you wanted to carve :-). But just asking, in the 2nd picture, how is there a light inside the pumpkin? Did u put a candle?

Archana said...

Thank you, thank you :-). Yeah, people at work too were impressed with my first attempt. Yup, I had put tea-light candles into the pumpkin.

Prashant said...

amazing.........

essay writing said...

I have been visiting various blogs for my term papers writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards

Dissertation Writing service said...

Despite the bulk of information online we often fail to get the specific information which is needed this post is good & contains relevant information that I was in quest of .I appreciate your efforts in preparing this post.

Doctoral Dissertation