Friday, June 04, 2010

I like the sound of that!

My friend V once told me that he read somewhere that salsa (both dance and the food) could be so popular because people love to say "salsa". I am not sure I love saying salsa quite so much though I love the food as well as the dance. But there are other words I like the sound of. I also like the way they roll off my tongue.

Here are some words I like listening to or pronouncing:

Sugar, shoes, chalk, meal (it is always a disappointment when I realize for the n-th time that the boring chapathis and dal I had for lunch is a "meal" too), juice.

Off the top of my head, that's all I can think of.

But if you kind reader folks will post some words you like in the comments section, I would love to read about them.

5 comments:

Bharathis said...

I like the sound of the word 'precious' ever since I learnt it in school. Don't know why, though!

SK said...

I cannot think of any words as such from the top of my heads, but some 'sh' names I like, Sasha, Trisha, Aishwarya etc. :--)

Jayanthi said...

Yeah..i do love the word "salsa" don't about the dancing part though :).I like this word "XLAT".It has no meaning attached to it.It is an 8086 microprocessor instruction :D.Btw..nice blog :).I enjoyed reading some of your posts.

mspseudoneem said...

Yipee! So good to know there are more people who like words just for the way they sound! :)
My favs are dad, magic, smile...
I've never known salsa dance or the food either - but I've sort of soft corner for it simply coz I love the way it goes S A L S A :)
[Was blog-trotting...landed here...good blog btw]

SF-1 said...

Nokia, Sony, Switzerland, life-blog, Rice. These are only some random 5 that came to my mind.