Monday, June 28, 2010

Movies watched

Are we there yet? This movie is reason# 1926 as to why one should not pick up random movies from the library simply based on the positive jacket blurbs. Seriously, any person who thinks that kids acting like selfish, insane, sadistic demons are cute need to have their head examined. Even more unbelievable, at the end of the movie, the hero actually decides that he wants these kids kids in his life. As Obelix says, "Tap, tap, tap". In the same situation, I would have probably taken a vow of celibacy for the rest of my life just to eliminate any possibility that I would ever be responsible for bringing such horrible kids into the world.
******

Raavanan
Oh God, I hate Aishwarya Rai. She of the open-mouthed, wide-eyed, "Look, I am so paavum" plastic face. I marvel at how the world conspires to make a bad actress worse:
A. dress her up in weirdo deeeeeep necked costumes.
B. Make her mouth dialogs which will never come naturally out of any person's mouth (congratulations Suhasini Maniratnam - your husband must really love you if he voluntarily agreed to let you pen dialogs for this movie)
C. Find a dubbing artiste who has a voice even more annoying than her original voice.

Some things even Maniratnam cannot save. I take back all the positive Ash-Rai comments I made post Guru-watching. I did not like the movie as a whole much either. The locales were stunning but the story jumped around randomly. Mainly, the whole movie was just sooooo boring (this, from a person who ardently watched all the episodes of Ramayan on TV).
******

I rummaged my head hard. I cannot think of any good movies I watched recently just so that I can round out this post. So unfortunately, yet another whine post this is.

6 comments:

SK said...

wats with both sisters s broaching kids topic at the same time? :--)
Seriously what kids grow into is a lot based on how parents bring them up.

yaadayaada said...

Oh by the way, it was Aish's voice. Apparently, she wanted to dub in Tamil and she did it!

SK said...

Arch, couldnt help noticing a pattern,
you last three posts, are - Oranges, 'Apple' and Mangoes. Hahha! :--)

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how Aish is still too young to act in Tamil movies :)

Archana said...

SK - coincidence :-D! Though sis' was real-life,

Yada - ha, that explains why it was so bad!!

SK - kalakitta po - lol!

Spark - hahah, right!

divx movies said...

I love watching Tamil movie..recently, I watched Tamil of Aishwariya Rai. She is looking extremely beautiful and too young. I love watching her movies.