I love the beginning of the ride towards glorious summer (some of you may call it Spring - but I doubt the Bay makes distinct distinctions).
- For the past one week, everytime I cross a window or go outside around 5.30p in the evening, my face automatically breaks into a grin when I notice it is not dark outside yet. And what's more, everyday, the duration of daylight is getting longer. Yaay!
- Today, for the first time in God knows how many months, I walked outside without a sweatshirt or cold-weather wear of any kind and did not shiver. We also ate lunch outside in the sun afterwards.
- The trees are blooming. There are these trees on either side of the road outside my office. Right now there are pretty pink flowers on them, lining every single branch. It is all I can do to not break out into song when I walk under them.
- The jogging/walking/running crowd is out in full force. Shorts, capris and the ocassional skirt is making a comeback.
- My apartment heater has been in off mode for a while now. I am not even wearing a sweater at home today though the windows are open.
- The mustard fields near my workplace are a sunny riot of yellow. If the Aditya Chopras and the Karan Johars of the world had offices nearby, salwar-kameez clad heroines with flowing-dupattas would be running through the fields everyday now.
- The sun has been shining merrily every single morning for almost a week.
Yes, I am lovin' it.
Update (March 06 2k8): I knew fully well I was tempting fate even as I wrote this post. But I sure did not expect fate to be quite so prompt in reacting. Today is cloudy and cold. And rain is slated for the entire weekend. Talk about retribution.