- Eating at four different restaurants, each with the lip-smacking end result of "I am so stuffed I can't eat a bite more"
- Five and a half hours of non-stop walking around with window-shopping. And stopping to browse at "just one more shop" before heading restaurant-wards though legs were in killing mode.
- Meeting a big group consisting of about fourteen unknown people and giggling silly over it. Insiduously trying to get more info about one of those members and winding up with, "Gosh, I think we blew it."
- Jumping up at 2.00a in the morning with, "Oh shoot, its actually 3.00a now because of Daylight Savings - we better get to bed" to make it to brunch at one of the four places mentioned in point number one.
- Non-stop chatter about everything from books and five ways to distinguish fresh-off-the-boat-desis to why change is nice.
- Not at all noticing the passage of almost forty eight hours.
I did not do anything "special" this weekend. Yet, it has been the most relaxing and wonderful weekend I have had in a while now.
Adieu weekend. I am so charged for the week ahead that even the unceremonious loss of an hour has barely made a dent in my enthusiasm.
Did I mention? Having friends you love spending time with while being yourself must be the biggest blessing. Ever.